SimpliScreen may at anytime and from time to time revise this Policy by updating this posting. By using this Platform, you are agreeing to be bound by any such revisions. You should visit this Platform periodically to determine the then current terms.
- a) Data Controller: “Data Controller” is the publisher, owner, and operator of the Website and is the Party responsible for the collection of information described herein. Data Controller shall be referred to either by Data Controller's name or "Data Controller", as listed above. If Data Controller or Data Controller's property shall be referred to through first-person pronouns, it shall be through the use of the following: “Us”, “We”, “Our”, “Ours”, etc.
- b) Facility: “Facility” means the SimpliScreen client facility utilizing the SimpliScreen Platform to conduct primary health screening of a User before granting a User access to said Facility.
- c) Parties: The “Parties” to this Policy are the following data controller: SimpliScreen LLC ("Data Controller") and you, as the user of this Website. Hereinafter, the parties will individually be referred to as "Party" and collectively as "Parties."
- d) Personal Information or PI: "Personal Information" or “PI” means personal data and information that we obtain from you in connection with your use of the Platform that is capable of identifying you in any manner, such as name, street address, email address, and telephone number.
- e) Protected Health Information: “Protected Health Information” or “PHI” shall mean information that meets the requirements of 45 CFR § 160.103 or as amended.
- f) Platform: This Policy will refer to and be applicable to the simpliscreen.com website, including, without limitation, mobile websites, social media, and/or any mobile application, which shall hereinafter be referred to as "Platform." Platform may also refer to a corresponding mobile application, should one be currently in use or hereinafter developed.
- g) SimplyScreen, Us, We, Our: “SimpliScreen”, as the creator, operator, and publisher of the Platform, makes the Platform, and certain services on it, available to users. SimpliScreen, Us, We, Our, Ours and other first-person pronouns will refer to “SimpliScreen”, as well as all employees and affiliates of SimpliScreen.
- h) User or You: Should you agree to this Policy and continue your use of the Website, you will be referred to herein as either “You”, the “User”, or if any second-person pronouns are required and applicable, such pronouns as “Your", "Yours", etc.
2) TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED. SimpliScreen may collect several types of information from and about users of our Platform, including information:
- Contact Information. We may collect Personal Information as defined above.
- Information you submit. We collect information you submit through the Platform, including PHI you may provide through Your use of SimpliScreen’s Platform.
- Demographic information. We may collect information like your gender and age. We may collect your zip code.
- Other information. If you navigate through our Platform, we may automatically collect information, such as the browser you’re using, usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies. We might look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us. In a mobile environment, we might collect your location.
3) PERSONAL INFORMATION WE OBTAIN FROM YOU. We collect Personal Information directly from you with your knowledge. We may share your Personal Information that you provide to SimpliScreen with any of our parent companies, subsidiary companies, affiliates or other trusted related entities that have agreed to Our privacy standards as set out in this Policy and to treat your Personal Information in the same manner we do. For example, when you access the SimpliScreen Platform to answer screening questions before accessing a Facility, the information you input to answer those questions is collected by SimpliScreen and provided to the Facility.
SimpliScreen uses Personal Information it gathers as otherwise permitted by the law.
4) PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION WE OBTAIN FROM YOU. Through Your use of SimpliScreen’s Platform, You may provide SimpliScreen with and SimpliScreen may be obligated to use certain PHI. SimpliScreen is committed to complying with the Privacy Rule and the Security Rule promulgated pursuant to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, including 45 C.F.R. Parts 160 and 164 (“HIPAA”), as well as the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (“HITECH”) Act and associated regulations (collectively “the HIPAA Standards”). If the exchange of PHI is required in order to facilitate Your use of the Platform, SimpliScreen recommends that You contact SimpliScreen to discuss entering into a business associate agreement with SimpliScreen that will adequately address both parties’ obligations with regards to handling PHI. Notwithstanding, SimpliScreen remains committed to the following:
- a) SimpliScreen agrees to create, receive, maintain, transmit, use, or disclose PHI only in a manner that is consistent with the HIPAA Standards and only in connection with providing the services to or on behalf of You, which may be identified in any business associate agreement, any other existing agreements between You and SimpliScreen, and any amendments thereto. Accordingly, in providing services to or on behalf of You, SimpliScreen, for example, will be permitted to use and disclose PHI for treatment, payment, and operations consistent with the HIPAA Standards, without obtaining authorization. PHI does not include summary health information or information that has been de-identified in accordance with the standards for de-identification provided for in the HIPPA Standards.
- b) SimpliScreen also agrees to only use or disclose PHI to the extent permitted or required by any business associate agreement, any other agreements between You and SimpliScreen (and amendments thereto), or by law. Except as otherwise provided herein, SimpliScreen will not use or disclose PHI in a manner that would violate HIPAA's Security and Privacy Rules if such use or disclosure were made by You. In particular, SimpliScreen may use or disclose PHI (1) to fulfill its obligations as set out in any agreement between the parties evidencing their business relationship, or (2) as required by applicable laws, rules or regulations, or by an accrediting or credentialing body to which You must disclose such information, or (3) as permitted by any business associate agreement, or any other agreements between the parties evidencing their business relationship (if consistent the HIPAA Standards) or the HIPAA Standards, or (4) as permitted by the HIPAA Standards as if such use or disclosure were made by You.
- c) SimpliScreen shall implement administrative, physical, and technical safeguards that reasonably protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of any Electronic PHI (“ePHI”) that it creates, maintains, or transmits on Your behalf as required by 45 CFR §164.314.
5) PERSONAL INFORMATION WE RECEIVE AUTOMATICALLY.
- a) Cookies: We may collect information from you through automatic tracking systems (such as information about your browsing preferences) as well as through information that you volunteer to us (such as information that you provide during a registration process or at other times while using the Platform, as described above).
A cookie consists of a reduced set of data transferred to your browser from a web server and it can only be read by the server that made the transfer. This is not executable code and does not transmit viruses.
Technical cookies: Technical cookies, which can also sometimes be called HTML cookies, are used for navigation and to facilitate Your access to and use of the site. They are necessary for the transmission of communications on the network or to supply services requested by you. The use of technical cookies allows the safe and efficient use of the site.
You can manage or request the general deactivation or cancelation of cookies through your browser. If you do this though, please be advised this action might slow down or prevent access to some parts of the site.
Cookies may also be retransmitted by an analytics or statistics provider to collect aggregated information on the number of users and how they visit the Website. These are also considered technical cookies when they operate as described.
Temporary session cookies are deleted automatically at the end of the browsing session - these are mostly used to identify you and ensure that you don't have to log in each time - whereas permanent cookies remain active longer than just one particular session.
Third-party cookies: We may also utilize third-party cookies, which are cookies sent by a third-party to your computer. Permanent cookies are often third-party cookies. The majority of third-party cookies consist of tracking cookies used to identify online behavior, understand interests and then customize advertising for users.
Third-party analytical cookies may also be installed. They are sent from the domains of the aforementioned third parties external to the site. Third-party analytical cookies are used to detect information on user behavior on our Website. This place anonymously, in order to monitor the performance and improve the usability of the site. Third-party profiling cookies are used to create profiles relating to users, in order to propose advertising in line with the choices expressed by the users themselves.
Profiling cookies: We may also use profiling cookies, which are those that create profiles related to the user and are used in order to send advertising to the user's browser.
When these types of cookies are used, we will receive your explicit consent.
Log Data: Like all websites and mobile applications, this Website also makes use of log files that store automatic information collected during user visits. The different types of log data could be as follows:
- internet protocol (IP) address;
- type of browser and device parameters used to connect to the Platform;
- name of the Internet Service Provider (ISP);
- date and time of visit;
- web page of origin of the user (referral) and exit;
- possibly the number of clicks.
The aforementioned information is processed in an automated form and collected in an exclusively aggregated manner in order to verify the correct functioning of the site, and for security reasons. This information will be processed according to the legitimate interests of the Data Controller.
For security purposes (spam filters, firewalls, virus detection), the automatically recorded data may also possibly include Personal Information such as IP address, which could be used, in accordance with applicable laws, in order to block attempts at damage to the Website or damage to other users, or in the case of harmful activities or crime. Such data are never used for the identification or profiling of the user, but only for the protection of the Website and our users. Such information will be treated according to the legitimate interests of the Data Controller.
6) YOU CONTROL TRACKING TOOLS. You can manage cookies through the settings of your browser on your device. However, deleting cookies from your browser may remove the preferences you have set for this Website.
For further information and support, you can also visit the specific help page of the web browser you are using:
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-us/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Safari: http://www.apple.com/legal/privacy/
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=en
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/
7) HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT. SimpliScreen will only use the information you have provided to assist the Facility with pre-entry screening. We will also use your information to provide you with any service you may have requested. If you specifically agree to receive email newsletters or other notifications from SimpliScreen, we may contact you from time to time. For example, we may send you occasional newsletters or marketing or promotional materials. We may also respond to your comments or requests for information. We will not send you information if you inform us you do not wish to receive such materials.
8) SHARING INFORMATION. SimpliScreen does not sell Our User’s e-mail addresses or any other Personal Information SimpliScreen may collect. However, unless otherwise specified, SimpliScreen does share Personal Information with the Facility. We may also share Personal Information within SimpliScreen, such as with our subsidiaries and affiliates in the United States. We also allow access to our database by third parties that provide us with services, such as technical maintenance or forum software, but only for the purpose of and to the extent necessary to provide those services. In the event SimpliScreen should decide to sell any assets which may include this Platform, they may sell the information provided to SimpliScreen by Users of the Platform along with the sale of the Platform.
9) LEGAL DISCLAIMER. SimpliScreen reserves the right to disclose your Personal Information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect Our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on the Platform. For example, SimpliScreen will provide Personal Information to third parties if SimpliScreen believes, in good faith, that it is necessary to prevent a crime or an injury to SimpliScreen or third-parties. SimpliScreen will also share Personal Information to respond to a court order or subpoena, or if a government agency or investigatory body requests it.
10) NOT INTENDED FOR CHILDREN. Our Website and Platform are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under 13 may provide any Personal Information to or on the Platform. SimpliScreen does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Platform. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us. Parents or legal guardians can learn more about how to protect children’s privacy on-line here: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/topics/protecting-kids-online.
11) DATA SECURITY. SimpliScreen uses standard security measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. We keep Personal Information as long as it is necessary or relevant for the practices described in this Policy. We also keep information as otherwise required by law.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. The Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our Platform will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. This includes not sharing your passwords.
14) OPTING OUT OF TRANSMITTALS FROM US. From time to time, we may send you informational or marketing communications related to our Platform such as announcements or other information. If you wish to opt-out of such communications, you may contact the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also click the opt-out link which will be provided at the bottom of any and all such communications.
Please be advised that even though you may opt-out of such communications, you may still receive information from us that is specifically about your use of our Platform or about your account with us.
By providing any Personal Information to us, or by using our Platform in any manner, you have created a commercial relationship with us. As such, you agree that any email sent from us or third-party affiliates, even unsolicited email, shall specifically not be considered SPAM, as that term is legally defined.
15) MODIFYING, DELETING, AND ACCESSING YOUR INFORMATION. If you wish to modify or delete any information we may have about you, or you wish to simply access any information we have about you, you may reach out to us at the following email address: email@example.com.
16) ACCEPTANCE OF RISK. By continuing use of our Platform in any manner, you manifest your continuing assent to this Policy. You further acknowledge, agree, and accept that no transmission of information or data via the internet is not always completely secure, no matter what steps are taken. You acknowledge, agree, and accept that we do not guarantee or warrant the security of any information that you provide to us, and that you transmit such information at your own risk.
17) YOUR RIGHTS. You have many rights in relation to your Personal Information. Specifically, your rights are as follows:
- the right to be informed about the processing of your Personal Information
- the right to have access to your Personal Information
- the right to update and/or correct your Personal Information
- the right to portability of your Personal Information
- the right to oppose or limit the processing of your Personal Information
- the right to request that we stop processing and delete your Personal Information
- the right to block any Personal Information processing in violation of any applicable law
- the right to launch a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) in the United States or applicable data protection authority in another jurisdiction
Such rights can all be exercised by contacting us at the relevant contact information listed in this Policy.
18) CONTACT INFORMATION. If you have any questions about this Policy or the way we collect information from you, or if you would like to launch a complaint about anything related to this Policy, you may contact us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.